VIDEO DEMO HERE
With over 180,000 Tesla cars already sold this year (2021), the EV market keeps growing constantly. This app template will help Tesla owners as well as other EV (electric vehicle) owners to locate a charging station nearby within seconds, but the best part is the map view, where people can zoom in to any destination they are traveling to, so they can plan ahead their stops to re-charge their cars.
WHAT DOES THIS PRODUCT OFFER YOU
You will get the source code of the app that you can see on the video demo. Nothing more or less than what the video demo shows. Feel free to ask questions before buying.
The app is built using SwiftUI and Swift and supports iOS 13+. The entire database is based on the Back4App system and you will get the .json file including all Tesla chargers.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED
You will need a Mac computer with Xcode 12 installed. This app requires iOS 13+. All app templates on this website are for iPhones, with no iPad support.
The entire app is built using SwiftUI and we're using Swift with UIKit and Storyboard to build the Map view.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- The user must grant location permissions in order to use the app.
- The user will be prompted about app tracking transparency as well (https://developer.apple.com/app-store/user-privacy-and-data-use/)
- Once the location permissions are granted, the app will fetch the user's current location then make a request to the backend to fetch the locations within a 10miles radius
- By default the request will fetch all types of locations like superchargers, destination chargers, Tesla stores.
- The user has 3 main actions on the top right side of the screen: Navigation, which will open the Apple Maps for a selected map pin. Refresh, which will trigger a new database request for a select map view area based on the center of the visible map area. And the Favorite action, which will mark a location/pin as favorite.
- At the bottom, there are 2 extra tabs. One for a list view of the same map view locations and Favorite locations.
- The database data doesn't have any location address, only the location types, IDs, and coordinates. So the List view will make a request to Apple and fetch the address for given location coordinates.
- The favorite locations are saved in the UserDefaults and whenever the app is deleted, these favorite locations will be lost.
The app is using the Back4App platform to store these locations. You will also get a copy of the JSON file with all the locations. The current database has 5000 locations for demo purposes only. If you want a set of 10,000+ locations, please contact us before buying this product.
E-Mail: [email protected]
If you need any assistance or custom work, don't hesitate to send us an email at [email protected]
As always, we wish you good luck with this product, and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, so you could be the first one to know when a new app template is released.