Expert X - System Requirements
Expert X-System is very simple to install and easy to configure on your web server. If required, we also offer a free installation service of our Expert X on your web-server. It requires the following:.
Your system need to have PHP 5.6+ (or higher) installed on a web server. Expert X has been deployed successfully on both Apache and IIS web servers and tested with PHP 5.6 and MySQL databases at the back end.
Linux, Unix, Windows
Apache Web Server, IIS (with ISAPI_Rewrite installed)
PHP 5.6 or above with PHP XML extension enabled.
MySQL 5.5 or above
- Apache's mod_rewrite() extension to allow for SEO friendly URLs.
- PHP LDAP library is required to use LDAP functionality in the Enterprise edition
- AntiWord (free) is required to index and search Microsoft Word 2003/XP documents
- ppthtml (free) is required to index and search Microsoft PowerPoint 2003/XP documents
- PHP zip library (free) is required to index and search Microsoft Word/PowerPoint 2007 documents
- pdftohtml (free) is required to index and search Adobe PDF documents
If you're unsure whether your server meets these requirements, simply contact us with your FTP details and we'll check for you free of charge.
Expert X will work on Apache 1.3 or Apache 2.x hosted on UNIX/Linux, OS X, or Windows. The majority of Expert X development and deployment is done on Apache, so there is more community experience and testing performed on Apache than on other web servers. You can use the Apache 'mod_rewrite' extension to allow for SEO friendly URLs.
Expert X will work using IIS 7, IIS 8 or later, if PHP is configured correctly. To achieve SEO friendly URLs you may need to use a third party product. For IIS7 (or later), you can use the Microsoft URL Rewrite Module or a third party solution such as ISAPI_Rewrite. ISAPI_Rewrite is Apache mod_rewrite compatible URL rewriter for Microsoft IIS.
A minimum base installation requires at least 500 MB of disk space but you should assume that your actual disk space will be somewhat higher. For example, if you upload file attachments and images for assignment or course content, the actual disk space for Expert X could easily be 1GB or more (exclusive of database content, media, backups and other files)
The total file size of installation will depend on what you add to your System, but core files alone will take up approximately 15 to 20 MB uncompressed.