I'm using them both at my full-time job.
I'll try to write down a few features that should help you decide between them.
- the payment system is already integrated
- you have access only to the front-end ( this if you don't want to write your own apps and connect them with your shop )
- there are not a big amount of custom fields and attributes that you could play with
- a bit hard to create unique product pages and add special features to your shop ( not impossible )
- your theme needs to be written using their own template system, Liquid ( luckily I had experience with Django, and it was very similar )
- free, but! you need to pay for your hosting
- it doesn't look that professional unless you'll either rebuild the cart and checkout process or buy a theme that already did that.
- you need to do your own payment integration ( mainly, just activate a plugin and use stripe )
- you have full control over the template and you can write your own logic by creating custom functions and hooks inside the WordPress
- more easily to customize if you know how to write PHP code
As a developer, I would go with WordPress rather than Shopify, because this will give me more control, and it will be cheaper to run it.
Post a reply