What is "Vina Elearning Management System" or VLMS?
- VLMS is a web script which was written by Hung Nguyen, using Laravel framework and MySQL.
- It uses Twitter bootstrap v3.x for enhancing GUI and supporting responsive design and JQuery AJAX to interact with backend.
- The main purpose of this script is for creating, taking online quizzes and courses.
- Users all over the world can take free and paid quizzes, online courses to get some certificates and improve their knowledge with free practices.
- Instructor can create great online courses, share knowledge and help learners all over the world get some knowledge.
- Admin can create free and paid quizzes, approve/reject instructor’s courses, manage users , instructors, quizzes, courses…
- There are many more exicting features; you can discover these features later.
- Support unlimited questions and answers
- Support 7 types of question:
+ One answer (single choice) question
+ Multiple answer (multiple choices) question
+ True/False question
+ Fill in the blank question
+ Match question
+ Open question
+ Image as answers (single and multiple answers choices using image)
- Support multiple displays of the quizzes:
+ Quizzes display only one question at a time (users click next to go to the next question)
+ Quizzes display all questions and answers at a time (will be supported in the next version of VLMS)
+ Quizzes display a group of questions at a time (think about TOEIC, TOEFL, IELT format,for example TOEIC quiz has seven parts, each part(a group of question) has some questions and at a time we will display only a part(a group of question) -> will be supported in the next version of VLMS.)
- Free and paid quizzes, courses (paid via Paypal, Stripe)
- Support view quiz’s result in website and via Email
- Share quiz’s result via social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest (will be supported in the next version)
- Download quiz's certificate of website in PDF format (will be supported in the next version)
- Support multilingual (will be supported in next versions)
- Support responsive design
- Support rich features for administrator.They are:
+ Question management (supports 7 types of question with supporting picture, audio, and video for questions)
+ Quizzes management (only admin can view, create, update, delete free and paid quizzes).
+ Courses management (only instructors can create, updates, delete courses, submit courses to administrator for approving/rejecting them)
+ Admin can view, approve/reject and delete courses.
- Step 1: After purchased you will get VLMS source code (.zip file). Upload VLMS script (.zip file) to your host, inside public_html folder or something else. (Any hosting provider support PHP, in my case I’m using hosting service of stablehost.com).
- Step 2: Extract this .zip file to public_html folder
- Step 3: After extract you will see a “public” folder, move all files and folders in this “public” folder to folder “public_html” (public folder is inside in public_html folder, now all files and folders in public folder will not be in “pubic” folder anymore, these files and folders will be in “public_html” folder).
+ Open index.php file to edit
+ Find this line:
and change it to:
Find this line:
and change to:
- Step 4: In your hosting CPANEL, open phpMyAdmin to configure database for VLMS
+ Create a new database (any name you want, in my case is hungnguy_laravel_vlms)
+ Open laravel_vlms.sql inside database folder (database folder is inside my source code vlms.zip file, now database folder is inside public_html folder on your host), copy all content in this file, choose your new database, tab “SQL” and paste in it
Click “Go” to run query for creating all needed tables for VLMS web.
Open .env file inside public_html folder and edit your MySQL connection configuration:
A regular license allows an item to be used in one project for either personal or commercial use by you or on behalf of a client. The item cannot be offered for resale either on its own or as part of a project. Distribution of source files is not permitted.
An extended license allows an item to be used in unlimited projects for either personal or commercial use. The item cannot be offered for resale "as-is". It is allowed to distribute/sublicense the source files as part of a larger project.