BuildBox template that can be used to publish to iOS, Android, Amazon, and Windows markets!
If you want to improve your English language arts skills, this is the right app for you. The goal of the app is to enrich and improve your knowledge of middle-school English language arts topics. Nonetheless, this app is suited for all ages as it covers a variety of topics with examples and contains no ads or in-app purchases.
Topics are purposely kept short so that you can study for just 10 minutes a day but still be ready for school. Since the app also works offline, you can always sneak in a quick read or recap on your way to school or work. The app covers topics in reading, writing, grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules.
- Punctuation rules (apostrophe, colon, comma, ellipsis, em dash, en dash, hyphen, exclamation mark, parenthesis, period, question mark, quotation mark, semicolon)
- Capitalization rules
- Writing tips
- Text elements
- Figurative language (alliteration, allusion, hyperbole, idiom, metaphor, onomatopoeia, oxymoron, personification, pun, simile)
- Story elements (character, conflict, plot, point of view, resolution, setting, theme)
- Grammar terms (dependent and independent clause, number, participle, person, phrase, predicate, subject)
- Parts of speech (adjective, adverb, article, conjunction, interjection, noun, preposition, pronoun, verb)
- Tense (simple past, past perfect, past perfect continuous, simple present, present perfect, present perfect continuous, simple future, future perfect, future perfect continuous)
- Sentence types (simple, compound, complex, and complex-compound sentences)
- Signpost (again and again, aha moment, contrasts and contradictions, memory moment, touch questions, words of the wiser)
- Text structure (cause and effect, compare and contrast, description, problem, and solution, sequence)
- Text types (fiction, non-fiction, poetry)
- Connections (text-to-self, text-to-text, text-to-world)