LUNA combines the beauty of a simple design, to the general and technical information you might want to know and show to your users regarding the moon in real time.
LUNA, basically calculates:
- Current moon phase, with medium resolution image. Full control of the color template schemes.
- Can be used both as a widget or a plugin (with full parameters).
- Technical and general details, like age (in days), iluminated fraction of the disk, phase percentage, distance, angular size (in arcseconds), name of the phase, sign position in the tropical system, and nakshatra sign and position in the sidereal system (using Lahiri’s system).
- Previous and next phases: LUNA also displays the five major phases dates around your current time, in a cycle from one new moon to another.
- Define to show correct image given a northern or southern viewer location.
- The plugin can output the data in 3 languages for now: english (by default), portuguese and french.
- For universitaly, times are all in UT (universal time) referred to the meridian of Greenwhich.