Some hosting's configrations like timeout or limited file size progressing or maybe hosting's CPU is not enought to progressing the file. I suggest you install theme on your localhost and import demo then backup database and upload folder to upload on your hosting.
What is your support policy? Is it normal with several weeks before a reply? How long does it take before you fix issues that´s highlighted in here? I don´t want to invest in something that maybe crash every update (WP, themes, plugins…) and must be offline for weeks before I can get help!
Ok, that sounds great with fast support.
I´m reading below about a new version, any ETA for that? I also have some questions that WebbSthlm wrote about below, pleae answer that old post (SES is important for very high volumes).
Now the theme is built for very small petitions, since sending out 500K emails with Sendinblue is not cheap! Please make an option to connect any SMTP service (why limit your theme? Sponsored?).
1) Is it possible to use Amazon SES or selfhosted Sendy to handle the emails?
2) Is it possible to demand at least 5 confirmed signatures before the petition is listed on the site (minimize spam and trolls)
3) Are there any extra costs for API on Bit.ly or any other functions?
4) If a user register with Facebook, is their email stored in the sites db? Very important to collect emails from everybody. Can they log in with the email used on fb, without creation a duplicate account?
5) Are there any email templates that can be auto triggered if a petition reach a limit and would be awarded with a free email campaign to a dedicated group of journalists?
6) Any other email settings for campaigns dedicated selected petitions?
7 Are there custom fields and a possibility to set any field as mandatory or not?
8) Is this theme capable to handle a LOT of visitors at the same time?
9) Any infopage of coming functions?
10) Possible to add ID-verification at registration with auth apps like ”BankID” in Sweden?
11 Possible to block textedits in a petition when it’s live (delete should be only option)?
12) Is this following the GDPR regulations?
13) is it possible to pay for theme customizing requests in the future?
Sorry for all of my questions, but som of them has been mentioned before in the forum. Important to know all of this before a purchase.
1. Yes, you can use with any mail server by way use SMTP plugin.
2. Yes, you can control minimum signature on Options https://d.pr/free/i/LZ8ZbF
3. Bitly is free, until you want use custom domain.
4.1. Yes, their email saved into database when register with social account
4.2. Still have problem duplicate account with social login
5. No, it's not automatic. Campaign Owner will create an Update post for that and an email will be sending for supporters.
6. No, all email for petition is same.
7. No, haven't custom fields as user interface, you can add custom field by add code into children theme follow metabox docs https://docs.metabox.io
8. It's depend on your server. Citizaction.fr are handle over 300 visitor at same time.
9. View our full roadmap on https://www.conikal.com/product/campoal-petition-platform-wordpress-theme/
10. No, I don't understand that.
11. You can do that via chilren theme.
12. Yes, GDPR is support.
14. Yes, it's developed to work with any other optimization plugins.
Thanks for all of your answers! This looks like an amazing solution, but I have some final questions before my order. We will also need your help with customizing.
1) Are there any limits for how many supporter a list can have when using Sendinblue free account?
2) Is it possible to get a RSS feed with all the petitions?
3) Can we contact you directly via e-mail about customizing?
4) Will list management in Sendinblue work automatically with Amazon SES for sending?
5) Do you have any custom modules developed for high volume senders?
6) Do you have any list with coming functions/bug fixes in the next version?
7) When will you release the next update?
8) Can you fix an email check when users register a new account? If someone logged in with fb I understand that their email will be stored in their account, right?
- Will they get a password (via email) so they also can log in with email?
- If a users try to create an account they should be noticed about an already existing account with that email, and maybe a hint of that is stored from a previous fb login.
Or maybe suggest that they press "forgot password" to change it or something.
Duplicate accounts is a problem we would like to avoid since we want to attract a lot of people.
1. No limited, SendinBlue just charge when you send an email.
2. Yes, get RSS like any wordpress post.
3. Yes, contect me via email@example.com or via support desk conikal.com/support
4. No, SendinBlue and Amazon SES is two different mail service is not working together,
5. If you use Amazon SES please use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ses/
6. Product's roadmap and changelog on https://www.conikal.com/product/campoal-petition-platform-wordpress-theme/
7. No fixed date for release new version. Minimum one new version on every month.
8. Yes, they will get a notice when their email registing is exist. The problem in here is they can not connect their account registed by normal way with their social account to login.
1. You need waiting for your server download images from our website. It's will take some minutes base on power of server.
2. You can check upload folder are chmod or not, it's should be chmod 755 or 777.
Thank you for the quick reply.
I did wait for more than an hour and nothing happened. I can see some settings change, buy no picture gets added and no entries are being made.
I am hosting the site on a shared server and don't have command line access to it, so I can't check out change the access level.
Is it possible to get a backup copy, using one of the free popular backup plugins?
You can install on localhost and import demo, then export database, code and upload to your hosting.
Your computer have localhost? If you not you can download in here https://www.apachefriends.org/ and install on your computer.
I enabled the debug info, but it didn't help, so I did your other suggestion: I installed wordpress on my local machine and imported the samples there, which worked beautifully! Thank you for that. It would also be helpful to show some meaningful messages when the import fails... but I understand that part is not a major part of the theme. Best.
A regular license allows an item to be used in one project for either personal or commercial use by you or on behalf of a client. The item cannot be offered for resale either on its own or as part of a project. Distribution of source files is not permitted.
An extended license allows an item to be used in unlimited projects for either personal or commercial use. The item cannot be offered for resale "as-is". It is allowed to distribute/sublicense the source files as part of a larger project.