More people are traveling in the summer of 2021 by car and plane for relaxation and visiting relatives, since 2020 kept all of us locked in the house. It's a great time to have your own Travel app on the App Store. Either use the app as a Travel Guide, where you can feature some great spots in your area, or use the app as a more generic Travel/Explore the World type of app. By the way, if you're very creative, this app can be turned into a cooking recipes app, or even a catalog app to review products, or anything you want, as long as you can upload the images and text to Firebase that's relevant to your app idea.
WHAT DOES THIS PRODUCT OFFER YOU
You will get the source code of the app that you can see on the video demo. Nothing more or less than what the video demo shows. Feel free to ask questions before buying. The app is built using SwiftUI and supports iOS 14+.
The app uses Firebase Firestore and Firebase Storage to host all travel destination images and relevant text. You will get a bonus project called "TravelUploader" that will help you to drag & drop your images then simply declare the DestinationModel for each image, with the appropriate location, category, description for each image/destination. This way, the data is easily and correctly uploaded into Firebase.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED
You will need a Mac computer with Xcode 12 installed. This app requires iOS 14+. All app templates on this website are for iPhones, with no iPad support.
The entire app is built using SwiftUI. The app has Google AdMob Ads, so you will need an AdMob account and a Firebase account to host your travel destination data.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- The user starts on the main home/travel page, where they can explore different travel destinations.
- The main page has the option to filter travel destinations by categories: mountain, historical, beach, city
- Tapping a travel destination, a full screen will be presented with more details about the location. The user can add/remove this location to the favorites list
- The favorites list will show the locations saved by the user. These favorite locations (and trips) are saved into the UserDefaults.
- The trip page, will show a list of planned trips that the user created. The user has the option to create a Trip by tapping the "+" button on the top right corner of this screen.
- To create a trip, the user must provide a name for the trip, select a date and they must select a destination from their saved/favorite destinations list.
- Once a trip is created, this will appear in the tips list. The is able to tap on a trip to see more details and add activities. Currently, there is no way for a user to delete a trip.
- After tapping on a trip, the user can add activities like hotels, restaurants, museums, etc. They can add as many activities as they want. After an activity is added, the user can tap & hold on to an activity to delete it from the list.
As you can see, this app can be used as a recipes app, catalog app, maybe a simple magazine app, etc. If you want to add more features to this app, here are a few examples: add some filtering options, so the user can filter destinations by continent/country. Add the option for a user to rate a location, this way you can save those ratings into Firebase and show the rating/stars in the location details screen. Add another tab where the user can share/explore Trip ideas created by other users, this may be helpful for those that want a trip with lots of activities. A gallery with more images for a location is a great feature to add as well.
Now, when your app starts to get a lot of downloads, you can think about integrating some Flight and Hotel APIs, this way the user can search for Flights/Hotels, and you can display those prices directly in your app using some of these paid (or free, if you can find any) APIs.
E-Mail: [email protected]
If you need any assistance or custom work, don't hesitate to send us an email at [email protected]
As always, we wish you good luck with this product and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, so you could be the first one to know when a new app template is released.